Monday, September 7, 2009

Ian's Room

Here is Ian & Brynlee's newly painted bedroom. Having plain off-white walls, I wanted to do something a little different and fun for him. I had a lot of crazy ideas, but Rick mostly looked at me like a crazy woman when I tried to explain it to him. Even after I drew it out on paper he still thought it was a bit "wild."
So, one day, while Rick was out of town, I went into Ian's room, and stared at the wall for awhile. I went to the kitchen, returned with a pencil and my graduated mixing bowls, and started tracing a pattern on the wall. When I was satisfied, I was off to the store to buy paint and some masking tape. I simply masked off the circles with masking tape and started painting. The next day I peeled off the tape and found that the paint had bled a bit, but the builders of our home left some wall paint for us for touch-ups, so I just used that to crisp up the lines a bit.
Ian loves it. I think Brynlee does, too. She points at the circles and makes sounds telling me her opinion, which seems to be a positive one. Rick even said the design was "brilliant". Quite an improvement from "wild", I'd say.
Rayna & Jaeda love it, too. So I plan on doing something similar for their room. We bought purple paint today for the project, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. I hope it will be easier- being able to paint during Brynlee's naptime instead of trying to juggle her and wet paint.
I'll be sure to share Rayna & Jaeda's new room whenever it gets finished.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cute, Rindee! Here's a thought for future projects: my cousin (Amy) has a vinyl business, and she has the cutest rings and big polka dots (a lot like what you did here - but I think they are a couple different colors) in her living room that are just vinyl, so you can place (or replace) them where ever you want. It might be easier than painting, and cheaper too (paint is expensive!).

Tigerlilly said...

I love it, Rindee!