Monday, December 14, 2009

The Most Beautiful Sound by Rayna


Assignment: What is the most beautiful sound you have ever heard? Where were you? What made the sound? Can you compare this sound with anything? Write a paragraph that tells about this sound and how it made you feel. Try to make the reader feel the same way.
Rayna: My mom's singing. I don't know where I was, but my mom's singing is soooooo pretty. I can't really compare it to anything, but it makes me feel like I am in heaven. Sometimes when I am sad I think of my mom's singing and I feel a little better. (She is a soprano and sings pretty lullabys."
Mom's commentary: This came as a complete surprise from the toddler that used to shush me whenever I would try to sing to her. If ever I was practicing for some performance, she'd run into the room with her ears covered yelling "It's too loud!"
Thank you, Rayna, for your sweet little paragraph that warmed my heart and made my day!

5 comments:

Jules said...

How sweet!

Ashley said...

That is so sweet.

Cheree said...

Thank goodness for school assignments so our children can tell us how they really feel. That is very precious.

The United Statements of Merica said...

that's what I would have said too!

Sal-my-gal said...

How sweet!