For Jaeda's 5th birthday I set up the inflatable swimming pool for the first time this summer. It was the only extra special thing I could think of to do because I had been without a car all week. The girls loved it and all got sunburns to prove it.
That night we went to a free outdoor concert at BYU to listen to the bells at the Carillion tower. We brought a blanket, presents, and a little birthday cake from Jaeda's grandma and set up camp near a large evergreen tree in front of the Bean museum.
I realized that I had failed to bring utensils for our cake, so we did what any self-reliant pioneering family does:
and oh, it was good. Here is a picture of Jaeda with some of her birthday goods. She got some new sunglasses, and clothes from her Nanna.
After the concert was over, we moseyed on over to the Bean museum and saw it was still open, so we went in. There was a worker there doing a live demonstration with some LIVE animals. We were drawn over because she was holing a larg iguana and let the kids touch it. It started to get cranky, so she put it away.
4 comments:
What a fun 5th birthday! My kids have been aching for the pool (but oddly it's been in the neighbor's garage and they are out of town.) The bells always sound grand and what kid doesn't love a good reptile show? Happy Birthday Jaeda!
I remember going to the Bean museum what seemed like every day when we'd live in Provo for the summer (while my Dad worked on his Doctorate). I love that place! I remember having a Boa Constrictor wrapped around my neck there. Good times. Sounds like an excellent birthday day!
Sounds like you had a fun day! Happy Birthday Jaeda!
My kids would think they had died and gone to heaven. What a fun birthday! I'll deffinately have to check out the bean museum next time i come to ut.
Post a Comment