Ian has always been a very verbal child. He was speaking in complete sentences at a very early age and has always had such a passion for the things he loves. Him being my first, I just assumed that's how all children are. I know better now. That's how he is. As a toddler he would wake up in the morning as happy as could be and jabber all through his meal. I thought this was funny because it didn't matter if I was listening or not, he would still talk. (Some things never change).
On the morning of May 22, 2002, I decided to just sit there and write down everything he said. Ian is almost 2 1/2, dressed only in a diaper, and here is the transcript from the breakfast meal consisting of Cheerios and yogurt:

I went up in the rocket. Shhhh! Way up in the sky. No, I wasn't in the rocket. I don't like the rocket old. I was in Casey's train. Where is Johnny Appleseed? No. He's in the train by Casey. Nice and strong!
This is my finger. It pinched. I can't take my arm off (pulling on his arm). Kida (a little doll we had) shows. We gotta save Atlantis! I wanna watch Atlantis. See? This Cheerio run around on the stage. I can dance. No ballet with my shoes on. Ballet shoes on. With a purple dress I like dancing. I play in church, huh.
Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ian! Happy birthday to you! Thank you for the cake. Happy Birthday to Ian Happy birthday to you! Woo Hoo!
What's that? What's that? (I took a picture of him) I wanna take a picture of you. That's the blinkin' light. Peek-a-boo droids? Where's the droids? Color's red. color's brown. I like changes. I want changes. I want to look at changes. I want green. I want to watch changes.
Mama's coloring that (my paper I was writing on). It was an accident. Going seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, Threeee! I'm done too!
Oh, my nipples. That's a nipple. What's this nipple called? Tzzz, Ahhh! I'm done. I'm done with the nipples. Toy Story at Nanna's house. And Punchinello was Eli turned Eli. Punchinello was strong. Look up and sees the sun has gone. Off the train. The train stopped. The train way way way over there. Mi, I need a needle pulling thread. A note to follow So. Do do do
Seven brothers. I want to watch Seven Brothers. Huh. I wanna watch it. And you are Mama. I wanna sit on the couch so I can watch Seven Brothers. I wanna get out of the green chair. This is the right nipple. Yeah. This is the nipple called right. And this is called left. To the left, huh. It was Star wars. I don't like Star wars. I wanna watch Seven Brothers. Please, please? I need to get ready for the day. Tzzz, Ahhh!
**Man, you'd think all that kid did was watch movies. I think he referenced 7 movies during his little monolougue. At least some of them were classics. Just for the record, he was only allowed one movie a day.
5 comments:
Ian's always been one of my favorites :)
I think the nipple remarks caught my attention more than the movie lines! That is hilarious!
I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who talk about movies all the time.
I tried this once with Mera. But I laughed too hard and couldn't write fast enough to catch it all. I only got a few sentences. Now she's growing out of that a little bit. Dang it. I missed my chance.
Ian's so funny! And isn't he a handsome little devil, too?
Ian cracks me right up! That was hysterical!
Post a Comment