Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grandparent's Day

Rayna got to celebrate Grandparent's Day at her school. She invited her Grandpa Wilhelmsen to come celebrate with her at her school. They did a get to know you activity, and then the 2nd graders sang and danced for them. Then they got to have a picnic together for lunch, and then Rayna came home early from school with Grandpa. My dad said "I don't think I've ever been able to participate in anything like that before. I was always working when my kids were little. Hopefully there will be more opportunities like this."

They filled out these little questionnaires about each other that I want to keep:

What is your favorite color?
Gpa: Brown
Rayna: Blue

What is your favorite food?
Gpa: Tacos
Rayna: Salsa

Tell me what kind of games/activities you liked to do when you were seven and eight years old.
Gpa: Marbles
Rayna: Card Games

Do you have a favorite movie?
Gpa: Yes. Gone with the wind
Rayna: Yes. Little Mermaid

Tell me about a favorite school experience you had (funny, scary, sad, etc.)
Gpa: I ran into a girl and made my 2 top front teeth loose.
Rayna: A boy stuck his head in the girls bathroom and all the girls started screaming.

How did you get to school?
Gpa: Motorcycle
Rayna: Bicycle

What chored did you have to do when you were a child?
Gpa: Made bed and clean room
Rayna. Clean room, make my bed, and do things on my chore chart.

What was your favorite thing to do after you got home from school?
Gpa: Watch Lone Ranger
Rayna: Watch TV

Tell me about a favorite memory of me
Gpa: You always give hugs.
Rayna: When you jumped on the trampoline with me.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Do you know that G & G Orton came to my Grandparents Day when I was in 3rd grade? It was only for lunch, but they brought me a little figurine of a grandpa sitting on a bench with a little girl, reading her a book. I still have it. It's probably from the dollar store, but I love it as though it were a Cellini. Yay for grandparents!