I'm cheap. I always have been. I'm one that would save my Halloween candy in my junk drawer, eating only one or two pieces of candy at time -rationing it so it would last all the way till the next Halloween. I only buy gifts for people if there's a reason - like a birthday, Christmas, or some other holiday. I save everything ...just in case I might need it someday.
Some of these tendencies have served me well - like trying to run a household on a teacher's salary, but the others I'm trying to work on - like being more generous, and getting rid of all my clutter.
But, I do enjoy finding a bargain when I am shopping. I hardly buy anything if it's not on sale. I have a neighbor that has couponing down to a science. She can come home from a shopping trip and actually MAKE money on her purchases. She showed me a few tricks, and an awesome website (http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com) , and although I'm not religious about couponing, it brings me deep satisfaction to come home with a receipt like the one you see here.
I went to Albertson's last night with Rayna to try and snag some good deals. With their current promotions matched up with some coupons I had from the Sunday paper and some I found online, I was able to save 54% on my complete order. I saved more money than I spent on 37 items!
And, since I also love statistics, graphs, and high scores, I thought it would be fun, for me at least, to see if I can beat my previous best in savings. So, the "54" part of the Bargain Shopper title is the percentage I saved. If I can beat that, then I'll post again.
11 comments:
Bet I'm cheaper than you. Wish I was organized enough to do the coupon thing. Maybe someday I'll figure it out. I need someone to walk me thru it - much like everything else in this world.
Way to go. I am not a frugal as I should be. I really need to be. I will have to check out the website on your post and see if I am not able to the same.
Way to go Rindee! I did well going in and out of Albertsons last night. We got our "cheep" chicken and enjoy every greasy piece of it.
Good job! I've heard of ladies that do that sort of thing but I haven't figured it out. I do know the website, though. I used to check it every week. I think the ladies that started it are from my town.
Dang, girl! And I thought Wyn was the bargain shopper queen in our family!
I don't even look at prices. I never shop so when I do, I don't even think about what a good deal might be. Mom sometimes asks me how much something was and I just look blankly back at her and say "I dunno".
I need to learn from you too! Sounds awesome. Good Job!
Welcome to the blogging world. It is so much fun and can be so addicting!!
You are already such a pro at it!!
Good job with your savings!!!
I am trying to be a super saver too.
Me again...in response to your comment on my blog, I don't have a lot of luck at Rite aid for the same reason. You could call them and find out what day their truck comes in and try to hit them that day. As for Albertsons, it seems like you have to be there the first day or all the good stuff is gone. They are good about rain checks, though (as is Rite Aid).
That's amazing! I need to be more like that, but I'm too lazy. I need to not be lazy about it, though, because our growing family is getting more expensive. By the way, this is Joel Orton's wife.
Mattie Rae, you're so funny!
You can't do it everywhere. There has to be lots of competition for the stores to bother with the promotions and coupons. Julie usually gets shampoo for a dollar or less with rebates and sales. I must say, that's a pretty good receipt!!
Hey ! A fellow coupon girl! You should see me lug my baseball card holder filled binder in and out of Albertsons and Smith's! I love it to! I was so excited, the other day I actually made 30 cents when buying pug-ins, and now my bathroom smells great! It is a serious addiciton. I love it!
PS- Your blog is beautiful- you will have to teach me how to get a nice background like yours someday!
Post a Comment