Rayna has been taking ballet from Amidey's "Crazy Lady's House of Dance" for 3 years now. She is a born performer. She loves the stage, the attention, the costumes, the make-up and the glitter. Last winter I about cried during her recital performance. She had such composure and her posture made her look so beautiful and natural up on the stage. With each performance Amidey has the parents help with the classes back stage to help things go smoother. This time, Amidey let me just watch since I just had a baby. I found that I was able to actually get some pictures of Rayna this time! What a treat! I'm ususally so frazzled I never remember to get my camera out. Here is most of her class
Here is me and my Ballet-Rayna
Here is some video of her dances. I was taking this with my digital camera and trying to watch at the same time. My camera also doesn't allow zoom while in video mode, so it's hard to see the dance as a whole, but, you know, this is all about MY kid. This first one is an awesoeme re-make of "We are Siamese" from Lady and the Tramp
This next one is called "Daughter of a King", and I didn't quite get all of it, but you'll get the picture. You'll be able to see in this one that she finally sees me at the beginning, and she picks Rick out of the crowd later in the song. She brightens right up and seems to dance with all that much more "umph"when she's performing for people she knows.
Her fans that attended were her parents, her siblings, her Grandma and Grandpa Wilhelmsen, her Aunt Mattie Rae, her Aunt Wyn, and Cousin Megan

5 comments:
Rayna looks like a natural up there. So much fun.
That is too funny. She is just in her element, huh? I cannot imagine having a child like that. Saylor is so against anyone paying her any attention, and can't stand to be the center of attention (hmm...kind of like her mom I guess), that I can't imagine her dancing in front of a crowd! I signed her up for gymnastics, and the first thing she wanted to know was whether or not anyone would be watching them perform. Silly.
When I was young I was very much like Saylor. I didn't want ANYONE I knew watching me do anything. Then, as I got older, I didn't mind people watching me as long as I felt prepared. Now I actually LIKE to perform, but I still like to be prepared.
Those dance pictures are just TOO CUTE! Honestly, do you just smile all the time because you know you have the most adorable kids ever?
I saw your hubby at Boothe Brothers- I didn't know he played guitar! My kids want to learn.. they hope to start a rock band someday. Could be fun.....
You have a beautiful family. Rayna looks alot like you.
Post a Comment