Monday, May 19, 2008

Gardening with Jaeda


Jaeda is fun to be outside with. She isn't afraid of bugs and everything loves her, too. A few days ago she helped me get our vegetable seeds in the ground. We planted zucchini, crook-neck squash, cucumbers, and spinach. I planted carrots right before Brynlee was born, and only a few are coming up since they didn't really get much attention or water for a few weeks. I may have to re-plant those. After Jaeda helped me with the seeds, she kept herself busy picking flowers (dandelions) and finding "holy polys."


Today she helped me plant our tomato plants and pick some weeds. I found a really big worm in the garden and showed it to her. She cuddled with that worm for the rest of the time we were out. It looks like she may have a bit of Grama Orton's love for all of God's Creatures in her. I love how she actually put it up to her lips and at the end she puts it on her shoulder like she's going to burp it. True love.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! That's funny that she is so sweet with insects! Samera is ridiculously afraid of flies ("slies"), and there is one buzzing around right now in our house, terrorizing her every thought. I don't know where the fly swatter is, so I can't help her. It's going to be a fun day. We'll just have to wait for Daddy to come home and save us from a fate worse than death! I was fine with your blog entry until you mentioned worms...I have issues with worms (I think the technical term is "the-mere-mention-of-worms-makes-me-gag-a-phobia"). I honestly felt a little of my lunch rising to the surface, but quickly focused on the "holy polies" and now I'm feeling better. Glad Jaeda doesn't share my sentiments. I always try to act brave around my kids so they won't inherit my unfounded fear.

Andrea said...

Oh, forgot to tell you, I scrap booked with a girl from Gridley. She knew Rick. I don't know her last name. Jennifer is her first name, she's 30, long, dark hair, tiny (actually reminded me of you, but shorter). She lives in Rexburg, has six (5 - one got killed) kids and is getting divorced. Anyway I thought it was yet another instance of it's a small world afterall.

Sharlee said...

I am glad to see that somebody inherited Grandma Orton's love for the little critters...someone was bound to. Wish it coulda been me.
Jaeda is so cute and squishy, Rindee. Was Rick blond when he was little? Fun!

Rindee said...

Rick was very blonde when he was little. He was actually blonde when we got married. His hair has just gotten darker over the years. Blonde hair and blue eyes (and a chin dimple) are very dominant Sannar Family traits.

Nikki said...

Her Dad likes worms, too, although he shows it in other ways.

Nikki said...

I can't figure out who that girl could be. There must be a thousand Jennifers in Gridley. And she is even 2 years younger than me, so I'm sure Rick won't know either. But now the wondering is killing me. It couldn't be Jen Haeberle could it?

Sara Liechty said...

She is so cute! I loved watching her run down the sidewalk the other day with open arms for her friend Audrey. So cute that she has such affection for little critters!

rick said...

Worms...hmm...how can I say it? They just don't taste as good as they look.

Nikki said...

aaaaaack!!!