Jaeda: Mom, can I watch a movie?
Me: Yes
Jaeda: Do you has tears?
Me: Yes
Jaeda: (approaching slowly) Why you has tears?
Me: I'm sad because my grandpa died
Jaeda: Oh. (outstretches arms) It's okay. (I lift her to my lap and she hugs me) I love him. I not sad. See? I happy!
Me: Thank you Jaeda. You are a good example to me.
Jaeda: (hops down and leaves the room) Rayna, Mom is crying. She is sad hers grampa died.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry your grandpa died. What a sweet girl to be so concerned. I love how sensitive kids are to everything. You don't think they notice things, but they DO - they notice the slightest changes in expression and mood, and are so quick to want to make it better. I wish I could make it better, too.
Sorry to hear that your grandfather died. Jaeda is such a sweet little girl. Kids really do notice when things are amiss. They always know how to make a hard situation a little easier for us.
I'm sorry to hear that your grandpa died. Jaeda is such a sweet caring girl! So caring and loving. She adds so much to your sweet family!
So sweet!
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa.
How sweet is Jaeda!!! We can learn so much from our children!!!
Okay, I am the WORST cousin in the world! I totally missed your birthday with nary a comment or gesture of remembrance! I know it's no excuse, but I honestly thought, until a moment ago when I glanced at the calendar, that it was still like the 2nd or 3rd of August. I missed the entire first week cause I was sick out of my mind - I didn't cook, I didn't clean, I didn't go outside - bleck. I am so sorry for my oversight. Happy Birthday! And such a one! 30! I hope it was fabulous, although I'm sure overshadowed by the death of your dear Grandfather. I just read your comment on my blog, and thought it ever-so-fitting that your favorite book in jr. high was Island of the Blue Dolphins, because (as I'm sure you guessed) it was my favorite as well. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm excited to go back to the library with a list this time.
Post a Comment