Friday, October 24, 2008

Flashback Friday - Childhood Gems of the Past

When Ian got the show and tell bucket for his kindergarten class the instructions said to put in three things that are special to you and be prepared to explain why they are special.
Ian announced "I found my first special thing!" I looked in the bucket and saw his Book of Mormon. I then asked him why it was special. "Because if we read the book of Mormon every day, God will give us blessings."
October 2005 (age 6)

Rayna: There's one way not to become an adult...It's not to eat your vegetables.
October 23, 2005 (age 4)

Rayna: When I was in heaven I wore swallowing clothes, just like Jesus."
March 18, 2006 (age 4)

Rayna: (in a rage at bedtime) SLEEPING IS BORING! (I couldn't stop laughing. It is very true. Did she expect resting to be like visiting the circus?)
March 22, 2006 (age 4)

Me: Ian, do you know what a literary club is?
Ian: I don't know. Maybe it's a club where people get together to pick up litter.
May 10, 2006 (age 6)

Rayna: Dad, when you say "prairie dog" it makes me feel like I want to say a prayer.
July 23, 2006 (age 4)

Rayna: I know some swear words.
Me: Like what?
Rayna: The "F" word (brief pause in which I try to remain calm with beads of sweat bursting from my forehead)...you know, the other word for toots.
May 13, 2007 (age 5)

5 comments:

Sharlee said...

Those are HILARIOUS! You're kids are thinkers for sure.

Rachel L said...

I loved all of them!

Andrea said...

Those are too funny. I love the prairie dog one best. I'm glad you wrote them down so you could remember them! I always INTEND to, but by the end of the day I have forgotten at least half of them, if not all. It makes me sick.

The other day Saylor came to tell me that Samera said a bad word, with Samera following quickly behind her yelling, "It's NOT a bad word. It's from Diego!" What was it, I ask? "Baby Jack-wad." Since I have heard her say it before I know that it's baby jaguar, Diego's side kick, but Saylor was appalled.

Anonymous said...

I am sad to say that I have recently had multiple reports of the same child saying real words that made me blush. It is a humbling experience to have to explain that no, we don't really talk that way at our house; and no, he doesn't understand what he is saying. Be glad that "Baby Jack-wad" is all you're hearing!! Really.

Nikki said...

Those are precious, may they never be forgotten!!