Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Horrible!




Ian: Mom, wanna hear something horrible?

(brief silence in which I don't respond)

Ian: Do you know there are some kids that are so bad that Santa doesn't even visit their house? The parents know their kids are bad and that Santa won't come, but they buy their kids presents anyway and then LIE to their kids and say it's from Santa! Isn't that STUPID?

Me: Where did you hear this?

Ian: I just figured it out myself. There's poor families that get expensive toys and bad kids that get toys still and...

6 comments:

Rachel L said...

What a thinker! Hayden found out there wasn't a Santa when he was 8 years old and saw the "Easter bunny" hiding eggs outside. When he saw he was so disappointed and said, "That makes me think there isn't a Santa either." Just as he said it, the truth became clear.

Tigerlilly said...

These two stories are possibly the funniest things I've heard in a really long time! Thanks for the giggles!

Unknown said...

One of my first posts was about Santa and such- Parker was musing on Santa, and said he had it figured out.... (drum roll please)... he said Santa is really Jesus! That was one of my favorites.....

Andrea said...

Silly kids! Wish they'd quit thinking so much and get back to being the babies we intended them to stay! Seriously brilliant line of logic though. I dread the day Saylor figures it out - I'll feel like such a liar.

Sharlee said...

That's too funny. It's sad that our kids have to grow up and have a mind of their own but it has to happen some time.

Sonja said...

The boy's brilliant Rindee! Too funny....