By the afternoon, Mattie Rae told the kids she had never done a Cake Walk, but always wanted to. So, spontaneously, she directed the kids in the preparations that would make her dream come true.
Ian and Rayna traced her foot on paper, copied them, and decorated the paper feet for the cake walk. Then we decided we needed cupcakes, so Mattie Rae made cupcakes with some fun thing star tins I didn't know I had. Then we made icing and found some icing decorator tubes I also didn't know I had. Then we all got to decorate the cupcakes. We numbered the feet and put the numbers in a hat. Rick was the DeeJay for the music, and we had a Cake Walk! We each won a cupcake and we enjoyed them together. I would have never taken on such a project. It was a perfect project for our otherwise plan-less day and my kids were tickled because they got to participate in the whole thing.
4 comments:
Looks Like so much fun! What a fun idea!
*Blush*
Thanks, Rindee!
Wow! What a fun aunt (and sister)! Don't you just love thoughtful people?
I have always watched cake walks, but never joined in.
You make it look like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment