Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our First Egg!


On the 4th of July we got an extra special treat. Our oldest Buff Orphington chicken, Henna, laid her first egg! Mom and Dad were away for the day on a motorcycle ride. Mom called thaat morning to see if I could come after lunch to help Grandma with Grandpa. She said that Henna was acting funny and wondered if she might be getting ready to lay an egg or something. So when I went over, we were sure to check on the chickens, and sure enough! It was an extra special treat that Rayna and I got to be the first to discover it.

It looks like the oldest 3 are all laying now, so Mom and Dad find about 1 egg each day. In just a few more weeks, we expect the other 5 to begin laying as well. I'm especially excited to see what Xena and Brownie's eggs look like. They are Americaunas which means their eggs will be blue or green.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How fun! My kids would think that was the neatest thing ever. Maybe if my mom lived down the road and I could keep them at her house...:)