Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday: My Best Friend's Wedding


Sarah Raymer has been my best friend since 3rd grade. We grew up together and made so many silly memories. She married her high school sweetheart, Joel Steveson, in January of 1999. Rick and I travelled up to Washington in my beloved Honda CRX for her wedding in the Seattle Temple. It was a beautiful wedding with a lavish reception. I don't think I had or have since been to such a fancy occaision. We stayed in Puyallup with Heather and Don Kamer - more friends of mine I grew up with. Rick and I had only been married 8 months and it was fun to take him back to my old stomping grounds even if it was during the wettest season of all.

This was the last picture we have of us as just a couple before we began our journey as parents. The week after we returned from our trip we discovered we were pregnant with Ian! Don't we look young?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do look young, Rindee! But you always have, even now! What a sweet tribute to your best friend!

Amy said...

I actually think you look the same. But Rick looks totally young to me.

My best friend since 3rd grade (Dawn) moved to West Jordan about a year ago from Phoenix. It's the first time during our single or married lives that we have lived in the same area. It's so fun!

And it's great having memories like this to flashback to.

Andrea said...

If you have been waiting for me to comment before you post another tidbit, well, I'm here to give you the go ahead. Good thing I refuse to be offended that you said, "best friend" with no mention of me because I remembered that I'm your best COUSIN, and cousins are better than friends. Right?

Sonja said...

Awwww....that's absolutely how I remember you guys. And Rindee, you still look young. Young and fabulous.