Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Joys of Joyschool


Jaeda is participating in a neighborhood Joyschool this year. It has been such a lifesaver as she had been so bored and sad since the big kids went to school. She feels so big and important knowing she has school, too. There are 5 other kids in her little class, and we rotate homes/teachers each week. All the Moms of these kids are just top notch and I'm so excited for Jaeda to make some good friends and for me to have an excuse to visit with some of my favorite people more often!


Today Joyschool was at our house. The kids were so cute, I just had to take some pictures. As the children arrived I had some fun children's music playing. These 4 kids wanted to dance to the music and ran in circles around the other 2 boys sitting in the middle playing with legos.


We read the 3 Little Bears, learned about the letter C, made a house out of triangles, and learned that we are all Children of God which makes us Princes and Princesses! So we decorated crowns and got to wear them for the rest of class. The kids loved their crowns and so we turned the music back on so they could dance and pretend with their crowns. Here is a picture of all our little Royals. We are missing Weston, because he had to leave early and missed the crown activity.
Jaeda and I are excited for this year's Joyschool and are so thankful for Priscilla for organizing it. I think it is gonna be a great year!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Everyone around here pays big $ to put their kids in fancy preschool, and I am not about that. I have been determined to have "preschool" with Samera every day, but it has only happened 1 & 1/2 times so far. I'm jealous that you have THAT many women interested in joyschool - and decent ones at that! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Atticus went to a Joy School before kindergarten, and I really loved the messages they taught. I don't think I would ever be able to do it on my own, though! You continue to amaze, Rindee!

By the way, your little Jaeda has to be the cutest thing ever!!