
This first picture is us at the parade in Biggs, California, enjoying the festivities for the 4th of July. My sister, Mattie Rae was living with us at the time and came to enjoy the parade as well. Pictured here, from left to right: Mattie Rae, Rindee, Ian (3), and Rayna (21 months).
My father-in-law is an avid hunter, and most especially enjoys bow-hunting. This is part of the culture of my husband's family and most of Rick's brothers also hunt. While we were living there, we got to participate in the nightly activity of target practice in the walnut orchard. Rick's dad gave Rick a hand-me-down bow while we were
there, and although I wanted to participate, I wasn't strong enough to pull back the manly bows that the men were using. So, I had to be content asking questions and learning about the finer points and technique of accurately shooting a bow. For my Birthday, my father in law hands me the Cabella's catalog and tells me I can choose any bow I wanted. So this picture is me, finally participating in the Sannar target practice line-up. Pictured here, from left to right: Rindee, Mike Sannar (brother-in-law), and Skip Sannar (brother-in-law).
there, and although I wanted to participate, I wasn't strong enough to pull back the manly bows that the men were using. So, I had to be content asking questions and learning about the finer points and technique of accurately shooting a bow. For my Birthday, my father in law hands me the Cabella's catalog and tells me I can choose any bow I wanted. So this picture is me, finally participating in the Sannar target practice line-up. Pictured here, from left to right: Rindee, Mike Sannar (brother-in-law), and Skip Sannar (brother-in-law).
2 comments:
Killer bow! I bet you slew a few hay bales with it.
Ty owns one of the most expensive bows ever made, and said I can have his old one, but do you think I can even begin to pull it back? No! He is determined that we all become a bow-shooting family, and wants to get the kids mini bows to target practice with. There are a few ranges in town where we could go to target shoot, but we still haven't. It would be fun though. Maybe someday when we have extra time we don't know what to do with...
Post a Comment