Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been tagged

I'm pretty new to this blogging community, but I assume this means I have to post and then tag some other lucky blog-reader.

Here are 7 little known facts you may or may not know about me:

1. I am a musician. I started playing the violin in 4th grade and learned to play the viola in 7th grade. I played the string bass for a semester in 8th grade (but don't rember a thing about it except my poor fingers HURT!). I took voice lessons in 10th-11th grades and love to sing. I've directed a children's choir, taught voice and violin lessons, and after I got married, my husband bought me a guitar and is teaching me to play that.

2. I like to geocache. I've found 161 to date and have placed 8 of my own, 6 of which are still active. I've found caches in Utah, Idaho, and California. Check out http://www.geocaching.com/ if you have no clue as to what I'm talking about.

3. My 1 year of college I studied Floral Design Management. I've worked for 3 different florists and have made custom floral arrangements here and there.

4. I studied Midwifery for a year. I intend to continue my studies someday...

5. I have discovered homemaking skills make me happy. Since I've been married I've learned to sew and have sewn most of my kids' easter dresses and halloween costumes for the last 8 years. I have found I enjoy making quilts as well. After my 2nd child was born, I decided I wanted to learn to make bread. So my mother showed me how to make it by hand and we haven't looked back. After making it by hand for a year, I got a Bosch for Christmas and so for the most part, my family enjoys homemade bread nearly every day.

6. I am raising chickens. My husband built me an adorable chicken coop and we currently have 8 chickens (all hens) being housed in my parents' backyard until we have a place big enough to allow farm animals. We have 3 Buff Orphingtons, 2 White Silkies, 2 Americaunas, 1 Black Australorp. Someday I'd like to have some land and have a few more farm animals.

7. I publish a monthly family newsletter (usually around 12 pages long) for a family with nearly 300 decendants and around 100 "subscribers". I have loved family history since I was a teenager and when our current family newsletter editors were burnt out, I volunteered to keep it going. With a family this large the newsletter was my only way to keep track of all the new babies and spouses joining our family. I loved the newsletter and just couldn't sit by and watch it fizzle out. I have been doing it for about 8 months now, and I really love it.

K. Now I tag Amidey, Mattie Rae, Rachel L, and Sara A.

6 comments:

Mattie Rae said...

Oof! I'm tagged? Does that mean I can write about anything or do I need to write something like you did?

Rindee said...

It means you need to write 7 little known facts about yourself on your blog, then tag someone else...I think. That's what I did.

Andrea said...

I can't tell you how glad I am that you didn't tag me, because there is NO way I could scrounge up 7 little known (or even well-known, for that matter) facts about myself. I have decided that I am THE most boring and predictable person on this lovely earth. So glad you are so interesting - it makes me feel better about myself to know I'm related to YOU. :) Oh, speaking of the FNL, I am intending on writing this month, so don't cut and paste from my blog just yet. :)

Crazy Lady said...

Oh great!(can you hear the sarcasm?) I have been wanting to spend more time with the whole blogging thing anyway so I guess this will push me a little harder. Cool facts about you. I'm not sure I have 7. Did you know I clog?

Welcome said...

Just found your blog. Wow. I'm absolutely amazed by everything you've done and everything you continue to accomplish. I'm at a loss for words. . . awesome. You are awesome!

Sharlee said...

Fun stuff, Rindee. I am glad you like doing to family newsletter--that was good news. It makes me feel less guilty for not contributing, but your zest for it makes me feel more guilt for not contributing. Anywho...